Monday, July 11, 2016

The Dancer Diet Revisited: My New Favorite Eats

Hi readers,

Today we are going back to my love for food. A few weeks ago I posted about a sample dancer diet in my post, The Dancer Diet: Not Tutu Thin.

Today, I wanted to continue talking about what a dancer diet consists of. I couldn't wait to do this post because I'm obsessed with these items and am currently incorporating them into my diet. 

Best new way to start the day: 

  • Kombucha Tea. This ginger flavor makes me and my stomach feel so amazing. Try it out!
  • The Acai Primo Bowl from Jamba Juice. I know that Jamba Juice is very mainstreamed and that some of their smoothies are overly sugary. However, this bowl is so much more affordable than your average ace bowl, and is not too sweet. 


My sandwich secrets will keep you satisfied but not stuffed: 

  • Sara Lee Sandwich Thins. These things are whole wheat and only 100 calories. They allow you to have an awesomely large sandwich without the extra calories of regular sandwich bread. 




  • Classic French's Yellow Mustard. This stuff is ZERO calories and adds so much flavor. If you want to lose a few pounds but don't want to sacrifice taste, learn to like mustard. It's my go to condiment for sure. 


  • Bread and Butter pickles. I am picky about pickles and I have found my absolute favorite. These are so fresh and balanced in flavor. They transform any sandwich. 



Dip into your sweet spot before bed:

  • Mixed fruit with yogurt dip. I have been eating this treat for the past few nights and it is so light, sweet, and fun to eat. I honestly didn't mean for that to rhyme but, oh well! My favorite fruits right now are apples, strawberries, blackberries, and cherries. I just open up what ever yogurt cup is in the fridge and dunk my fruit in it. It's so good! Try it out.



Have a great rest of your week everyone. Try and incorporate some of these ideas into your diet. You may not transform into a dancer, but you will feel nourished, satisfied, and energized. 


1 comment: